Headquartered in Laurel, Mississippi, Sanderson Farms is a Fortune 1000 company engaged in the production, processing, marketing and distribution of fresh and frozen chicken and other prepared food items. Sanderson Farms is currently ranked as the 3rd largest poultry producer in the United States. Sanderson Farms operates in 17 communities across 5 states and has over 15,000 employees, and over 1,000 contract farmers spanning throughout the southeast from North Carolina into Texas. The Company’s net sales for 2018 were $3.236 billion and its shares trade publicly on NASDAQ under the symbol SAFM.
- NASDAQ Symbol: SAFM
- Founded: 1947 (incorporated 1955)
- Market Position: 3rd largest poultry producer in the U.S.
- Total Annual Sales 2018: $3.236 billion
- Weekly Production: 13.325 million chickens per week
- Number of Plants: 13
- Number of Employees: 15,000+
- Number of Independent Growers: 1000+